Welcome to Home Energy Plus Application
This application is for regular Energy Assistance and Weatherization benefits. Regular Energy Assistance is a once-a-year benefit available between October 1 and May 15 each year. Even if you apply after May 15, you may be eligible for other Home Energy Plus assistance.
Please call our statewide Customer Care Center at 1-800-506-5596 with questions about your online application. Due to the high volume of applications, it may take up to 10 business days for an online application to be processed. If you are disconnected or without heat, or will be disconnected soon, please call the Customer Care Center at 1-800-506-5596.
The Wisconsin Emergency Rental Assistance Program is no longer accepting applications as of January 31, 2023.
If you need assistance from the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP), please contact LIHWAP at 1-833-426-9472.
- The application takes approximately 45-60 minutes to complete.
- It is safe, secure, and confidential. Your information and privacy are protected.
- A representative may follow up with you after you submit the application.
Information You Will Need
- You will need the following information to complete this application:
- About you and every one of your household members, if any
- Date of birth
- Income information from all sources
- About the energy fuels that you use
- Fuel type(s)
- Name of the fuel/utility company that delivers energy fuels to you
- Account number for every fuel/utility company (found on your bill)
- About your landlord or property management company, if applicable. Your application cannot be processed without this information.
- First and Last Name or full company name
- Phone number
- It is highly recommended that you upload any pertinent documents (income, tax, fuel/utility bill, power of attorney, proof of citizenship, rental lease, etc.) to expedite the application process.
- Do not use the web browser buttons (back, forward, or close browser). Use the buttons within the questionnaire to navigate.
- For best results, use the latest version of the Chrome web browser.
- A valid email and/or mobile phone number is required. A 6-digit passcode will be sent to you at the start of this process.
- This passcode is valid for 24 hours. If you have not started the application process within the 24 hours, a new passcode request will be required, select "Start Now - I need a passcode".
- If you have already received your 6-digit passcode, or have entered any information into the online application, please select “Existing User - I have a passcode” to regain access to your application.