Welcome to Home Energy Plus Application
- This application is for regular Energy Assistance and Weatherization benefits. Regular Energy Assistance is a once a year benefit. If you are experiencing a no heat situation, please call Energy Services Inc. at 1-800-506-5596 immediately.
- Completing this application is also the first step for applying for Wisconsin Emergency Rental Assistance (WERA) outside of BROWN, DANE, MILWAUKEE, and WAUKESHA counties. For more information on WERA outside of the specified counties, call 1-833-900-WERA (9372).
- If you reside in BROWN, DANE, MILWAUKEE, or WAUKESHA Counties please use the contact information below for information on their WERA programs:
|Brown County||Newcap||800-242-7334|| |
|Waukesha County||Community Advocates||414-270-4646|| |
|Milwaukee County||Community Advocates||414-270-4646||Click here|
|City of Milwaukee||Social Development Commission||414-906-2700|| |
|Dane County & City of Madison||Tenant Resource Center||608-257-0006|| |
- The application takes approximately 45-60 minutes to complete.
- It is safe, secure, and confidential. Your information and privacy are protected.
- A representative may follow up with you after you submit the application.
Information You Will Need
- You will need the following information to complete this application:
- About you and every one of your household members, if any
- Date of birth
- Income information from all sources
- About the energy fuels that you use
- Fuel type(s)
- Name of the fuel/utility company that delivers energy fuels to you
- Account number for every fuel/utility company (found on your bill)
- About your landlord or property management company, if applicable. Your application cannot be processed without this information.
- First and Last Name or full company name
- Phone number
- It is highly recommended that you upload any pertinent documents (income, tax, fuel/utility bill, power of attorney, proof of citizenship, rental lease, etc.) to expedite the application process.
- Do not use the web browser buttons (back, forward, or close browser). Use the buttons within the questionnaire to navigate.
- For best results, use the latest version of the Chrome web browser.
- A valid email and/or mobile phone number is required. A 6-digit passcode will be sent to you at the start of this process.
- This passcode is valid for 24 hours. If you have not started the application process within the 24 hours, a new passcode request will be required, select "Start Now - I need a passcode".
- If you have already received your 6-digit passcode, or have entered any information into the online application, please select “Existing User - I have a passcode” to regain access to your application.